Posted on: Tuesday 10th October 2017
- Responsible for driving and implementing the frontline recruitment strategy for the business.
- Consulting with managers to understand staff requirements and specific job objectives.
- Ensure that all open positions are approved in line with the defined approval and headcount process.
- Writing and posting job descriptions on job boards, company website, social media etc.
- Source candidates by using databases and social media.
- Evaluate and screen CV’s / Job applications.
- Use recruiting tools like tests and assignments to assess candidates’ skills
- Conduct phone, Skype and/or in-person interviews.
- Provide a shortlist of qualified candidates to hiring manager.
- Assist the hiring team with recruiting methods and interview questions.
- Managing relationships with recruitment agencies.
- Process all agency invoices and ensure that recruitment activities are cost effective and in line with pre-approved budget allocation.
- Contact new employees and prepare onboarding sessions.
- Prepare new hire paperwork ensuring legislation requirements are met.
- Maintain a complete record of interviews and new hires.
- Stay up-to-date with current recruiting methods.
- Attend job fairs and careers events as required.
- To maintain and update HR recruitment policies and procedures in line with best practice.
- To assist in producing HR management information, statistics and reports within agreed time frames.
- To keep up to date with all relevant HR developments within the industry.
- Develop relevant Metrics and Reporting for recruitment.
- Work closely and flexibly with other HR team members.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned by the Head of HR.
- Previous recruitment experience is essential and experience in managing high volume recruiting is a distinct advantage.
- Proven ability working in a fast paced environment and managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Highly motivated and a dynamic ‘can do’ attitude with an ability to work independently to deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong ability to establish and maintain effective relationships throughout the organisation.
- Ability to effectively manage tasks, including following up on outstanding action items.
- Exercises discretion when dealing with sensitive information regarding candidates and employees.
- Solid knowledge of HR policies and best practices.
- Hands on experience with various selection processes like phone interviews and reference checks.
- Ability to conduct different types of interviews (e.g. structured, competency based and behavioral).
- Familiarity with HR databases, applicant tracking systems and candidate management systems
- Ability to use psychometric tests and other assessment tools.
- Familiarity with social media tools.