Human Resources Administrator
Posted on: Tuesday 10th October 2017
- To handle all initial contact into the HR department and redirecting as appropriate.
- In the absence of the Head of HR to escalate issues of concern to the HR Generalists or appropriate senior manager.
- Managing new starter and leaver processes including all documentation and ensure associated payroll processes are completed.
- To maintain and update electronic and hard copy personnel record systems containing all employment related information including absence, holidays, starters and leavers, benefits etc.
- To undertake all required pre-employment checks, updating and discussing with supervisor/manager as appropriate.
- To prepare all letters or contracts and any changes to employee terms and conditions.
- Monitoring and processing leave requests e.g. maternity leave, parental leave, force majeure leave etc. and ensure associated payroll processes are completed.
- Updating internal HR databases.
- Managing requests from employees for company correspondence such as confirmation of employment letters etc.
- To assist in producing HR management information, statistics and report within agreed time frames.
- To provide advice and guidance in response to administrative and procedural queries.
- To develop and maintain effective relationships across the organisation with staff at all levels.
- To create a variety of reports in line with position including but not limited to resourcing report, sick leave report, absence and leave report, overtime report.
- To respond to general queries from managers and employees, signposting them to the appropriate policies and procedures.
- To support the recruitment process as required.
- Support HR projects as directed by Head of HR.
- To provide administrative support in HR processes, including note taking at investigations or formal meetings.
- To provide general administration support to the HR department as required including filing, telephone answering, scanning, photocopying and emails.
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of HR.
- Previous administration experience preferably within a HR environment.
- Previous experience HR software is advantageous.
- Ability to build excellent relationships at all levels of the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen eye for attention to detail.
- High level of computer proficiency and demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Creative, innovative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion.
- Strong sense of initiative and a “can do” attitude.
- Flexible with an ability to work on own initiative and willingness to learn.
- Exceptional organisational skills, combined with ability to prioritise competing demands, maintain high quality standards and meet deadlines on multiple projects/tasks.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Integrity when handling highly confidential material, exercise a high level of judgement, confidentiality and discretion.