Area Manager: Dublin/Kildare/Wicklow
Posted on: Tuesday 03rd October 2017
To supervise and investigate the quality and standards of cleaning services provided by Derrycourt Cleaning Specialists at various client sites within a specific geographical area and assist the Regional Manager and Contracts Manager in ensuring the profitability of individual contracts across the area.
Responsible for the supervision of the cleaning service employees, including the allocation of workloads, monitoring progress and performance, determining work priorities, paying particular attention to productivity and quality control through regular site visits.
- Responsible for ensuring health and safety standards are maintained on client sites under their remit.
- To control and monitor the correct use of appropriate cleaning materials in their client sites.
- To carry out stock checks on equipment and materials as required.
- To arrange/carry out the induction and ‘on the job’ training with cleaning operatives and ensure that all employees are trained to required standards.
- To assist in co-ordinating disciplining and counselling of employees in conjunction with Human Resources in accordance with agreed policies.
- To champion and promote Derrycourt Cleaning Services at all times, seeking to avail of any business opportunity which may present itself.
- To liaise with Human Resources on the provision of relief cleaning personnel as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that every client site has an up to date cleaning manual and promote awareness of same with employees.
- Work with the Quality team to prepare, maintain and update work schedules and checklists for each of your sites.
- Undertake audits using eCat as required based on the SLA with the client.
- Implement CAPA plans in relation to any audit non-conformances outlined by you or Quality department or the client themselves.
- Ensure all CAPA plans are completed on time.
- As required prepare monthly KPI reports.
- To ensure the Service Level Agreement is being achieved and actively seek out new business opportunities.
- Leaving certificate or a higher level education.
- Previous experience working within the cleaning industry is desirable but not essential, however previous experience in supervising people is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages in particular word and excel.
- Fluency in the English language is required.
- Strong time management / prioritisation skills.
- Strong sense of initiative and a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Structured and Organised.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Full driver’s license is essential as this is a mobile role