Accounts Payable Administrator
Posted on: Tuesday 15th May 2018
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Administrator to join our busy finance team. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who is looking to gain more exposure/experience in a finance team. Reporting to the Assistant Accountant and Financial Controller, the role will involve the following:
- Generate non-stock POs as requested and in line with procedure.
- Match purchase invoices to POs and ensure appropriate approvals are received.
- Process purchase invoices on a daily basis ensuring the correct project analysis codes and nominal ledger codes have been applied.
- Process bi-weekly head office staff expenses.
- Process monthly credit card statements and ensure sufficient support for expenditure received.
- Complete monthly creditor reconciliations to statements.
- Complete monthly reconciliation of creditor listings to trial balance and prepare monthly control account.
- Prepare monthly creditor payment run listing for review and approval by assistant accountant/financial controller.
- Prepare ad-hoc payments as required for review and approval by assistant accountant/financial controller.
- Work with our warehouse and customer support department to resolve any supplier account queries.
- Deal directly with suppliers to resolve any account queries.
- Produce monthly rental invoices in Sage 50.
- Recording of rental receipts in Sage 50.
- Recording supplier invoices and payment.
- Completing bank reconciliations.
- Dealing with tenant queries.
- Following up on any overdue rent.
- Preparing monthly reports for assistant accountant.
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested by the assistant accountant/financial controller.
- The candidate should be a confident accounts payable administrator with circa 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Requires working knowledge of both Sage 200 and Sage 50.
- The ideal person will have experience in a busy accounts office.
- Ability to use your own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent technical, IT and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Team player.