Manpower Planner Supervisor
Posted on: Tuesday 14th November 2017
Leading our team of Manpower Planners, you will supervise all the operational manpower requirements for the organisation. This includes supervising the scheduling of our manpower needs. At any one moment there could be circa. 50 open positions to be filled on a day to day basis. We are progressing through a period of change with our Manpower Planning team. We have established a great team and are looking to add to it with a positive Supervisor, who sets high personal standards and leads across the Manpower Planning Team. You will partner with Supervisors & Managers to build effective relationships, clear communications and a commitment to provide a superior service to clients.
As well as great experience, you will have excellent leadership skills and be able to cope with a demanding workload by prioritising effectively. You will be as equally happy supervising the team and taking time out to brainstorm innovative sourcing solutions. Most importantly, you will take pride in your achievements and that of your team and the level of service you provide to the business. Derrycourt is an equal opportunities employer.
Day to day Planning
- Responsible for leading a team of full Time Manpower Planners who liaise on a daily basis with other HR colleagues, Supervisors and Regional & Area Managers to identify the resourcing needs of the business
- Ensuring planning and scheduling needs of the business are met in a timely and efficient manner by the Manpower Planners
- Formulating plans for meeting the company's manpower requirement and ensuring correct utilisation of existing human resources to meet organisational objectives.
- Managing manpower planning process and implementation of the manpower plans.
- Supervising the resolution of planning conflicts in a proactive manner and providing suitable solutions to the business
- Ensure that operatives are dispatched to client sites who are suitably trained and fulfil requirements as set out in statute, best practice and client requirements (Garda Vetting, Vaccinations etc.)
- Ensure that the method of Manpower Planning within the business is always ensuring continuity for our clients and reduce costs for the business (such as training expenses)
- Being the first port of call for any Resource Planning requests into the Resource Planning Mailbox and responsible for uploading these requests to Salesforce and allocating to Regional Planners for action Ownership for the development and upkeep of the Resource Planning Directory, which is a tool to be used by all Manpower Planners
- Responsible for managing the Manpower Planning Team from motivation to performance management and ensuring Company Standards are adhered to at all times
- Co-ordinating team leave requests and early morning rota
- Training Manpower Planners when required and on boarding any new planners to the team
- Supervise Manpower Planning systems to ensure that they are fully utilised and updated by team. Systems to include, Staff Management Tool, Salesforce, Floaters list, Resource Planning Inbox, Essendex
- Upload of permanent and temporary roles to Salesforce for Recruitment Officer to action
- Communicate with Recruitment Officer for status of recruitment and time to hire
- Working with HR Generalists and Recruitment Officer to satisfy manpower planning for new contracts
- Working with the Head of HR to develop KPIs required from the department
- To create a variety of reports from Salesforce as agreed by Head of HR and General Manager, including and not limited to, time to fill, Volume of additional jobs etc
- Highlighting, in a timely manner, resourcing issues to Head of Human Resources with the view of working to resolve these
- Establishing and developing manpower planning policies & procedures.
Annual Leave Planning
With the Head of HR and General Manager develop a strategy of annual leave planning for full business
- Carrying out organisation studies and reviews and work measurements to determining workloads and advice on optimum staffing level requirements.
- Ensure that requests for annual leave are managed and responded to in a timely manner by Manpower Planners
- Training of Manpower Planners in managing holidays using holiday planner tool
- Continue to ensure that Company annual leave is allocated in line with business needs and requirements as set out in statute
- Providing regular reports to Head of HR and General Manager of allocation of annual leave
- Working with the Head of HR, HR Transformation Manager and IT Manager in ensuring that all Manpower Planning data is ready for migration to new system
- Participation in testing new roster system
Communication and Relationship Development:
- To communicate clear and effectively with all stakeholders (Manpower Planners, Operatives, HR department, Regional & Area Managers)
- An excellent team leader who can motivate and lead a team in a very business environment
- To develop and maintain effective relationship across the organisation with staff at all levels.
- To resolve queries and issues face to face, on the telephone and in writing to both internal and external contacts.
- To provide advice and guidance in response to administrative and procedural queries.
Upholding ethics and legal obligations:
- To ensure legal and ethical compliance across all areas of planning employee records, working time act, equality legislation etc.